Struggles. | Rosy Cheeks & Muddy Feet

Struggles.

Leave a Comment

Monday: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now.


I've made no secret of that fact that I'm struggling with this second pregnancy. The constant nausea (which touch wood, the last week has been a lot better, although today has sucked!), the constant tiredness, aches and pains and now the contractions which won't seem to go away. Today though instead of talking about how I'm struggling with how I'm feeling I want to talk about how I'm struggling with being a parent whilst carrying another child. 

When I was pregnant with James, it was easy. If I was tired, I slept. If I couldn't face food, I didn't cook. If I didn't want to leave the house, then I stayed at home. 

This time though I have a four year old that needs me at 6.30am. He needs to be fed, he needs clean clothes and to have a (semi!) tidy house. He needs me to interact with him, to take him to nursery, to the park and out on his bike. He wants snuggles and kisses and for me to get down on the floor and play with him. 

I'm struggling with this at the moment. It's not that I don't want to do it all.. It's that I'm trying to do it all and every day I feel like I am failing him. He asks me to play and I just don't have the energy but I drag myself off the sofa and then I feel guilty because instead of giving him 100% of my attention.. He is getting 80% whist the other 20% is wishing I could take a nap. 

I know this is just a season in life and in under three months I won't be pregnant anymore. I will have my energy back and I won't feel like I have the bones of a 90 year old woman. I will be able to walk without having contractions. I have to keep telling myself that.. This Too Will Pass...

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! I read every single message that is left for me and respond through email so please make sure you're not a 'no reply blogger!'

LUXURY BLOG DESIGN BY pipdig